An ice cream cake is the perfect addition to a warm summer, and this recipe makes for an intimidating dessert, especially when you want to cool off with a sweet treat.
Making an ice cream cake at home from scratch may seem daunting, but it’s a fun and delicious way to impress your guests. With a little patience and a few basic ingredients, your delicious ice cream cake is ready. Here comes the best part! It is customizable to any taste. Use store-bought ice cream or make your own to create exciting new flavor combinations designed just for the occasion.
Follow these simple steps, and you will have a homemade ice cream cake that is sure to be a hit. So what are you waiting for? come on, let’s go.
For the cake base:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- A cup of soft unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the ice cream layer:
- 500 grams of your favorite ice cream
- A cup of hot fudge sauce
- Whipped cream to decorate
- Heat oven to 180 ° C. Grease a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk, and mixing until well combined.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before removing it from the pan.
- To assemble the ice cream cake, soften the ice cream by letting it sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut the cake horizontally into two layers.
- Spread the hot fudge sauce over the bottom cake layer.
- Pour the soft ice cream over the fudge sauce and spread evenly with a spoon.
- Place the top cake layer on top of the ice cream layer and press down gently.
- Cover the cake with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until the ice cream has set.
- Once the cake is frozen, remove it from the pan and place it on a serving plate.
- Top the cake with whipped cream and any other toppings you like, such as sprinkles, chocolate chips, or fresh fruit.
After all this, your homemade ice cream cake is ready to be served. You can keep any leftovers in the freezer covered with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. And enjoy it later.