Take a look at these spiced rum recipes that can be a perfect addition to your dinner menu.
The winter season just seems incomplete without a sip of something warm. One of the best ways to take advantage of the season is to combine rum with lots of spices. If a good alcoholic drink will warm you up, on the other hand, the spices it contains will prove to be beneficial for your health. Rum flavored and aged with herbs and spices is known as spiced rum. You can add any flavor you desire, from common kitchen spices like cloves, cinnamon and star anise to exotic vanilla beans. For more flavor, some people also like to add orange peel, ginger, etc. You can also try making spiced rum at home and enjoy it with your friends and family. Take a look at these recipes:-
1. Spicy Apple Pie Cocktail
5 teaspoons apple cider
1 teaspoon hot spices (mixture of cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, cardamom and pepper).
1 tablespoon of whiskey
1 tablespoon apple brandy
1 cup cream
1 teaspoon sugar (powdered)
salt (to taste)
1/4 vanilla extract
How to do it:-
1. Put a small saucepan over medium-low heat and add the hot apple cider and spices. After 20 minutes of boiling, turn off the heat. Filter it safely.
2. Add whiskey, apple brandy and triple sec to a coffee mug. Add hot mulled cider.
3. Add plenty of whipped cream on top and grate some fresh nutmeg on top. Serve instantly.
For the whipped cream: In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the cream on medium speed until soft peaks form. Now gently stir in the powdered sugar, salt and vanilla extract after removing it in a bowl. Set aside and now you can serve.
2. Tropical Spiced Rum Cocktail
30ml fresh orange juice
30ml pineapple juice
45 ml of rum of your choice
15ml triple sec
Do not miss: 3 detox tea recipes to try in winter
How to do it:-
1. Squeeze a lemon into the glass after mixing all the ingredients. Now add a small amount of warm water or ice.
The fruity flavors complement the spice in the rum quite well. So you can give it to your friends with snacks.
3. Spiced rum sangria
1 ½ cups of rum
½ cup white sugar, or to taste
1 tablespoon dry red wine
1 cup orange juice
Don’t Miss: Christian Wedding: 5 Celebrity-Inspired Hairstyles to Try on Your Big Day
How to do it:-
1. Prepare chilled rum, wine, orange, lemon and lime juice.
2. Then cut the orange, lemon and lime into thin slices. Add the rum and half a cup of sugar. For about two hours, let the flavors mingle in the refrigerator.
3. Then add the wine and orange juice. Serve it with some tasty snacks.
For more stories like this, stay tuned to HerZindagi.
Did you like this article?
Download ElleZindagi App for a smooth experience
Your skin and your body like you are unique. Although we have taken every measure to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social networks is credible and verified by experts, we recommend that you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying any home remedy, a quick hack or exercise regimen. For any comments or complaints, contact us at [email protected]