Farm. You’ll find this spice mix in salad dressing, guacamole, pea salad, deviled eggs, and fish, chicken, and pork. But on dinner rolls? Yeah yeah!
This farm food roll recipe is packed with the flavor and cheese we love. They’re the perfect side dish for any protein and perfect for holiday dinners. Use leftover rolls to make mini sandwiches.
Preparation Time: 50 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes
- 2 cups flour (divided)
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) dry ranch seasoning (2 tablespoons)
- 1 envelope (0.25 ounces) instant yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more for brushing
- 1 cup grated gouda or cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese)
Here’s how to do this:
- Whisk 1 cup of flour, sugar, farm seasonings, yeast and salt in a bowl.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine butter and milk. Microwave until just warm, but not hot (not all of the butter needs to be melted). Add the warm mixture to the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Add 1/4 cup of flour and cheese. Mix it well. Gradually mix the remaining flour until a dough forms.
- Remove the dough to a floured surface. Knead for about 7 minutes or until smooth, adding more flour if needed to prevent sticking. Form into a ball, cover and rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 12 pieces and roll each into a ball. Place on a greased square or round baking tray. Cover and let them rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with chopped parsley for garnish, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links; this means we may earn commissions or fees if you make a purchase through these links.
The cooking times and portions of the recipe are approximate. Need to convert baking and baking metrics? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Request How do you submit your recipes to 30Seconds?.
take 30 seconds and Join the 30Seconds communityand follow us on facebook to get recipes in your daily news feed.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn money by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.