ADVERTISEMENT

Izakaya Go and SK Seafood are tied for Dirty Dining’s biggest demerits

ADVERTISEMENT

LAS VEGAS (KTNV) – For the second time this year, La Patrona Mexican Cantina at the Shalimar Hotel on Las Vegas Blvd. near Charleston Blvd. closed due to rodent infestation.

After appearing on Dirty Dining in March when he was overrun by rats, the repeat offender’s latest health risk closure was on September 7, when he also received 34 demerits.

Inspectors found excessive rodent droppings on, between and under food, on food contact surfaces and throughout the facility.

There were two dead mice on a glue board in the dry storage area.

ADVERTISEMENT

In the refrigerator, inspectors found brown lettuce and expired beef that had been cooked more than a week before the inspection.

Expired whipped cream in May was in the cooler in the beverage preparation area.

Eggs, sour cream, ham, raw bacon and milk had to be thrown out due to unsafe temperatures.

The raw ham was stored in the same container as the ready-to-eat ham.

The hand sanitizer was mixed with spices and stored over an open bag of sugar.

The can opener, vegetable cutting blades, deli cutters and cutting board were dirty with old, stale food.

There was excessive mold in the ice machine.

The washing machine had no disinfectant and the hand sink had no soap.

La Patrona was re-inspected on September 15th and received a zero demerit “A” grade.

We have left a message requesting a comment.

********************

SK Seafood Restaurant at Spring Mountain and Lindell Rds. It received a “C” grade out of 38 demerits in the September 8 inspection.

A food handler rubbed soap on her hands, then went back to work without washing them.

The cooked ducks had to be thrown out due to inadequate cooling.

Sliced ​​sausage, shrimp, chicken, beef, fish, tripe, eggs and shredded cabbage had to be tossed on the table due to unsafe temperatures.

Raw beef was stored on top of mushrooms, raw fish on top of cooked pork, raw chicken on top of an open container of sauce, and raw pork on top of vegetables.

The fire extinguisher system above the wok station was covered in heavy drops of grease.

Frozen meat was stored in plastic grocery bags.

Employees’ cigarettes and other personal items were stored on and near clean dishes.

Cutters and can openers were dirty with old food.

There was too much brown mold in the ice maker.

Many houseflies infested the kitchen and dining room.

Equipment, floors, walls, shelves and air vents were stained with heavy grease and stale food.

Four large packages of meat were being thawed in warm water for two hours.

Plastic milk cartons were used for shelving in the refrigerator.

Inspectors noted that SK Seafood has a documented history of failed health inspections and requires intervention training.

We could not reach anyone for comment.

********************

Izakaya Go, a Japanese tapas restaurant and bar on Spring Mountain Rd. and Valley View Blvd., tied SK Seafood for the highest demerits with 38 demerit “C” grades during the Sept. 6 inspection.

Inspectors were there to follow up on a complaint which said: “There was a waiter with a severe skin infection that looked like monkey pox on his arms, body and face. He was touching people’s food with open sores that were bleeding and oozing fluid.”

ADVERTISEMENT

The manager was unaware of the complaint and told inspectors: “An employee food handler has psoriasis, but that person takes precautions to protect food from contamination, including covering their skin and head and not coming to work during outbreaks.”

At the time of the investigation, inspectors did not see any food handlers with open, contaminated wounds on their hands or arms.

A food handler “had a small rash that was red and not infected.”

During the routine inspection following the complaint investigation, several violations were noted.

The food handler properly washed his hands several times.

Food was being improperly refrigerated and many items had to be thrown away due to unsafe temperatures, including bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, a pan of chicken and a pan of scallop, shrimp, fish, corn, chicken skin, chicken and beef skewers more than. .

Raw fish, pork and meat were improperly stored on ready-to-eat foods.

The instruments sat in still water in the temperature danger zone.

A condenser fan in the freezer was pouring over raw pork and raw fish.

Dishes, utensils and kitchen utensils were not being properly sanitized.

The floors were too dirty with old food, grease, trash and gray water.

Equipment and shelves were dirty and greasy.

There were many flies in the kitchen.

Boxes of food were stored in the freezer, making it impossible for the inspector to see how dirty the floor was.

Filters, knives, ladles, cutting boards, lexan pans, and the rice container were all melted, chipped, cracked, or damaged so they could not be cleaned properly.

Tongs were hung over door handles, and clean plates and glasses were stored on dirty surfaces.

Izakaya Go was warned that they would be put on probation if they continued to fail regular inspections such as a “C” grade or closure.

The restaurant was re-inspected on September 19 and received an “A” grade of 9 demerits.

The owner declined to comment.

********************

The 1880 Grill at Conestoga Golf Course in Mesquite is the culprit behind Dirty Dining.

Inspectors were there on September 9 to investigate a complaint that there was no hot water in the women’s bathroom or in the restaurant’s kitchen.

The complaint was validated and the restaurant was closed due to this immediate health risk.

1880 Grill was re-inspected on September 15th and received an “A” grade with zero demerits.

According to Food and Beverage Manager Daysi Sosa, “We want to thank whoever called the Health District because our chef is now on permanent vacation.”

Click here to view Izakaya Go’s complaint.

Click here to view Izakaya Go’s health report.

Click here to view SK Seafood Restaurant’s health report.

Click here to view La Patrona Mexican Cantina’s health report.

Click here for the Conestoga Golf Course complaint.

Click here for the Conestoga Golf Course health report.