CLEARWATER, FL — Award-winning Epic Wings is celebrating the grand opening of its first Florida eatery at the Tri-City Plaza Shopping Center in Clearwater on Saturday.
The newly opened neighborhood wing location will serve a menu featuring family recipes including traditional and boneless Epic Wings, best-selling tenderloin strips, pizza sticks, its popular fresh-cut Epic Fries and salads in addition to homemade breadsticks and a variety of sauces and dips.
The California wing brand is bringing their award-winning family recipes to Florida, opening a new neighborhood wing location in the Tri-City Plaza Shopping Center in Clearwater. The Epic Wings menu includes fresh, never-frozen traditional and boneless wings, tenderloin strips, homemade breadsticks, sauces and dips, and their famous Epic Fries.
The official opening party from 13.00 to 6 p.m. includes a buy-one-get-one free meal deal that runs through Sunday, August 28. Guests visiting the new location will also experience fun activations, games and a chance to win free wings for a year.
Clearwater franchise owner, Ty Jacob “TJ” Leaf, grew up in San Diego near Epic Wings. The brand is etched into many of his childhood memories, including eating the famous wings at their weekend games and family events.
“I hope to provide the same type of memories and experiences for the families in Clearwater. This is truly a full-circle moment for me,” Leaf said.
Taking a shot at the restaurant business will be a slam dunk for Leaf after playing professional basketball for the UCLA Bruins, Indiana Pacers and Portland Trail Blazers.
“Opening an Epic Wings in Florida marks an exciting time in the company’s growth,” said Epic Wings President Rob Streett. “Epic Wings is well positioned to bring our always-fresh, best-selling wings to new markets, and the Clearwater community is a perfect fit for us. We look forward to becoming this community’s favorite neighborhood spot for wings and family fun. .”
Menu highlights include:
- Single and double meals with a selection of tenderloin strips, boneless wings, original buffalo wings served with carrots, celery, homemade dressings and warm, oven-fresh breadsticks.
- Buffalo sauces range from mild, medium, hot, and atomic, and other flavors include original barbecue, garlic parmesan, honey barbecue, lemon pepper, and sweet chili.
- Buffalo Pizza Sticks with homemade breadsticks topped with signature buffalo sauce, melted cheese and boneless buffalo chicken served with ranch for dipping.
- Epic Fries, crispy fresh-cut fries with melted cheese and boneless buffalo chicken, finished with a chipotle ranch dressing.
- Epic chicken salad with fresh romaine lettuce, green peppers, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion and pepperoncini topped with chicken tossed in your choice of sauce.
Epic Wings has been family owned and operated since 1982. Formerly known as Wings N’ Things, the family was the first to bring buffalo wings to the West Coast.
Epic Wings operates 30 locations, with additional stores opening in California, Texas and Illinois.
Epic Wings in Tri-City Plaza, 5300 E Bay Drive, Suite 300, is open for dine-in, to-go and delivery Sunday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.